Online-Therapy.com is an online platform designed to make professional counseling easier and more accessible than ever. With more and more people turning to online counseling services to get the professional mental health assistance they need, this company strives to provide ongoing support and powerful mental health tools to those who need them most. With Online-Therapy.com, customers with a variety of mental health concerns can get the care they need right from the comfort of their own home.
Online-Therapy.com was established with a simple goal in mind—to provide people with all of the tools they need to handle their mental health concerns. While many online therapy companies will focus providing one-on-one counseling services, Online-Therapy.com strives to take a more holistic take on the online therapy experience.
In addition to providing therapy services, the company also has a comprehensive toolbox of resources for those who need therapy. This includes journals, worksheets and online yoga classes all designed to work together to help clients get the attention they need. With their more comprehensive focus on the online therapy paradigm, clients can do more than just meet with their therapist, they can learn about the tools they need to maintain their own mental health.
Signing up is easy as the entire platform is designed to be user-friendly. You can sign up and get started right away. Here is how the sign-up process works:
- Choose from a variety of different conditions, depicting which mental health challenges you need counseling for.
- Provide some basic information and contact information. You can be anonymous, if you choose.
- Choose from one of the subscription plans available.
- Once you sign up, your own personal therapist will be assigned to you. This will be your therapist the whole time. If you would like to change your therapist at any time, you can contact the company directly.
You can then start your therapy right away.
Online-Therapy.com offers a weekly pricing structure. For the first month you use Online-Therapy.com, the services are 20% off per week for the first month. This special applies to all new customers. There are three different packages and pricing options.
- Basic: $39.95 per week. The basic package is $39.95 per week, and with the company’s 20% the first month deal, it comes to only $31.96 per week. With this package, you will have full access to the company’s online therapy program, which includes daily contact with your therapist Monday-Friday as well as therapist feedback. You can also access 8 easy-to-follow “sections” that are comprised of reading materials and hands-on tools and 25 worksheets you can use for ongoing improvement.
- Standard: $59.95 per week. The standard package is the company’s most popular option and includes extra therapist support through chat and messaging. It is $59.95 per week and $47.96 per week for the first month. You can enjoy online therapy in the platform’s secure and confidential platform and also enjoy daily therapist feedback from Monday-Friday. There are also 8 easy-to-follow sections and 25 ongoing worksheets that come with the standard package. The main difference between this and the basic package is that you also get one additional live chat session with your therapist every week. There is also additional support through messaging.
- Premium: $79.95 per week. The premium package is for those who need maximum support from their therapist. The package is $79.95 per week, except the first month where the discount makes it only $63.96 per week. This package includes online therapy, 8 easy-to-follow sections and 25 worksheets, daily therapist feedback Monday-Friday. The main difference in this package is that it also includes express replies, support through messaging and two live chat therapist sessions per week.
Usability (Desktop & Mobile):
Using Online-Therapy.com is as simple as signing up. The site will prompt you to sign up and is designed so that anyone can use their services, no matter what their computer skills may be. There is also a “live chat” button at the bottom of the screen for anyone who has questions with navigating the site. The platform is also mobile-friendly.
Counselor Support & Effectiveness:
When you sign up for your account with Online-Therapy.com, you will be assigned a therapist. This is the same therapist you will have from the beginning to the end of your treatment. The therapists on this platform have a wide-range of credentials, such as academic degrees, licenses and certifications including many hours of hands-on experience.
The therapist is normally online and available for 8 hours per day Monday-Friday. The staff, including customer service representatives will be online and ready to help you 24 hours per day Monday-Friday.
You can communicate with your therapists using live chat, messaging and worksheets.
Every individual works with their therapist trough the same online therapy program. This program consists of eight different “sections.” According to the platform, each section is like a chapter in a book. It contains detailed on information on what you need to challenge your negative thinking patterns, based on the issue you filed out before starting your session.
Within each section, there are several different “worksheets” where you will be asked to address specific questions. Then your therapist will give you feedback on a daily basis on Monday-Friday. You will get feedback from your therapist within a maximum of 24 hours. The only real one-on-one appointments you have with your therapist are in your scheduled real-time chat session with your therapists (if it is included in your package). Even if you don’t have one-on-one scheduled sessions with your therapist, you will still be in contact with them through the feedback you get from your sections and worksheets.
Confidentiality & Privacy:
Online-Therapy.com takes several steps to make sure that their customers can enjoy the utmost in safety, privacy and confidentiality when they use this platform. You can sign up for the platform with an alias, if you don’t feel comfortable using your full, real name. Plus, all of the information that you enter into the system is saved anonymously in the company’s secure server using only 128-256 bit SSL. Any information that you put into the system, will be accessed and only you and your therapist can access it. This means your information will be kept safe, private and secure the entire time that you use the website.
Online-Therapy.com’s Counselor Qualifications:
All counselors that work through Online-Therapy.com are trained professionals. However, the site is rather vague on the exact qualifications that they all have. The therapists will have some type of academic degree, license or certification as well as hours of hands-on experience.
All of these counselors are trained in the CBT online therapy program. Cognitive Behavior Therapy is based on the idea that your thoughts are what cause your feelings and behaviors, not external stimuli such as people, situations and events. It is not the stimuli that causes your emotions, but how you interpret and perceive the stimuli. This is the entire system that all of the sections and worksheets available through Online-Therapy.com are based off of this well-researched form of therapy. If for some reason, you’re not a fan of CBT, this service is probably not right for you.
Specialties & Areas of Expertise:
The goal of Online-Therapy.com is to help provide quality mental health care services to those who need it most, in a convenient and affordable manner—right from the comfort of their own home. All of the therapists are qualified and experienced and have a wide-range of experiences. Margaret Sweet, the company’s head of therapists, created a team that has already helped thousands of people.
All of the treatments and the entire program is drawn from cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), a proven, well-researched plan that is designed to help you identify, challenge and overcome your dysfunctional thoughts, behaviors and emotions. It is an effective way to treat mental health problems.
The company offers treatments, or “programs” for the following common mental health issues:
- Health Anxiety
- Panic Attacks
- Social Anxiety
- Speech Anxiety
- Weight Issues
The important thing to remember with this program is that it is not the same as just meeting with a counselor one-on-one. There are pre-designed programs that are meant to walk you through these different issues, so the program may not be effective if you don’t have one of the specific issues detailed on this list.
There are many people who are in need of professional counseling services, and Online-Therapy.com makes it convenient and affordable for individuals from all over the country to get the help that they need. This online therapy site is more than just your average counseling platform; it also provides additional resources for those who need mental health care and operates out of evidence-based, proven treatments drawn from cognitive behavioral therapy. Together, this comprehensive online platform truly delivers an immersive online therapy program that has already helped countless individuals get the care that they need and deserve—plus with their flexible pricing options, their therapy services aren’t just convenient, but affordable as well.Visit Online-Therapy.com