LiveHealth Online is a reliable and fairly well-known telemedicine company. Telemedicine differs from e-counseling in the sense that telemedicine connects you directly with doctors who can help deliver medical diagnoses and prescribe medication over the internet over the phone.
LiveHealth Online is available 24/7 and can help you learn more about certain conditions, help you get diagnosed, and help you find the medication that you need. In some cases, LiveHealth is even able to accept your insurance.
LiveHealth Online is a telemedicine service. This means that it can link you up with doctors who work on the internet. These doctors can help you with a number of things.
- Based on your description of symptoms, they can give you an official diagnosis of a condition that you may have.
- They are able to prescribe you medication over the phone or internet that you can pick up at your local pharmacy.
- If you have the appropriate insurance, they will be able to offer you services for a reduced price.
There are a lot of benefits to a telemedicine company like LiveHealth Online. Unfortunately, there are also some drawbacks to be aware of.
One of the most important things to take note of is the fact that LiveHealth Online can’t help you treat a medical emergency. If you are afflicted with a serious or life-threatening condition, then your best bet is to go to the emergency room and seek help while you’re there.
Other, less-serious ailments, however, can be diagnosed by telemedicine groups. Things like the flu, rashes, UTIs, or other mild-to-moderate medical issues are all viable.
Currently, LiveHealth Online is only available for people who are residing in the United States.
There are several ways that you can sign up for Live Health Online, and both are quite simple.
The first way is to do so on your PC, and the second is to do so by downloading the mobile app on your phone. Regardless of which way you choose to sign up, the process is quite similar.
When you first push the ‘sign up’ button, you will be prompted to fill in a form. Provide your first and last name, your email, and a password to be able to proceed to a second form, which asks you to input your state, your gender, and your birthdate. People who don’t reside in the United States will be unable to proceed. Doctors are only qualified to treat patients under the American medical system, and thus anyone who lives outside the States can’t register.
Next, you’ll be asked whether or not you have health insurance. If you’re unsure, you can skip the step or state that your plan isn’t listed. You will still be able to file a claim after the visit.
Once you’ve finished this, you’ll be taken to a page that allows you to access a number of LiveHealth’s different services, ranging from LiveHealth Medical, LiveHealth Allergy, LiveHealth for Kids, and so on.
The cost of LiveHealth Online varies depending on what sort of services you actually require. You will be charged a flat rate for each time that you have to see a doctor or a psychiatrist, and it’s often a similar or slightly higher price than you can be expected to pay in-person.
Again, the price depends on what you need from a doctor.
- The average price for seeing a doctor is about $49.
- The price for seeing a psychotherapist can vary depending on what sort of issue you’re dealing with and what psychotherapist that you choose, but generally starts at around $95.
- The price for seeing a psychiatrist generally begins at $175 for your initial evaluation, with a cost of $75 for follow-up visits.
The price for your visit can be paid in credit card.
Usability (Desktop & Mobile):
LiveHealth Online is primarily available to two types of users: those who work with a PC that has a webcam, or those who are using a smartphone or other mobile device that uses iOS or Android.
For mobile users, the app can be downloaded in the appropriate app stores. After getting the app, you can open it up and register your account, or you can delve right into examining the services available.
Once you’ve signed in, you’re able to view a list of the available doctors. You can check out their bios and decide upon a doctor who feels right and who has the qualifications to help treat the issue that you’re struggling with. Some doctors also speak multiple languages.
After choosing a doctor for your first time, you’ll be taken to a page where you can get started. This entails a number of questions.
- You’ll be asked whether the visit is for you or for a child of yours
- You’ll be asked for a phone number that you can be reached at for a follow-up
- You’ll be asked if you want to invite a guest, like a family member, into the visit
- You’ll be asked what you’re having a problem with (anxiety, depression, cold, fever, flu, headache, rash, stomachache, or ‘other’)
- You’ll be asked to provide your address, in case your current situation turns out to be an emergency
- You’ll be asked if you’re allergic to any medication
- You’ll be asked if you’re pregnant or if you could possibly be pregnant
- You’ll be asked to choose from a large list of conditions, allergies, and symptoms if you’ve experienced any of them before
- You’ll have to list any medications that you’re currently taking
- You’ll be asked to input your zip code so you can choose your local pharmacy – you’ll be connected for a session which usually lasts around ten minutes. During this time, you can receive a diagnosis and have a prescription sent out to your local pharmacy. It’s important to note that they can’t legally prescribe narcotics over the Internet.
Counselor Support & Effectiveness:
Although all Livehealth Online doctors are qualified professionals, therapy is unique to each individual. However, overall they have an above average reputation, specifically regarding their mental health treatments online.
Confidentiality & Privacy:
They say that this includes, but is not limited to, their Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers, state ID numbers, any account numbers, credit or debit card numbers, and health insurance numbers.
Livehealth Online Counselor Qualifications:
The doctors who work for LiveHealth online are qualified medical doctors.
If you’re in need of help with your mental health, then LiveHealth Online can also help you find support. They provide a telepsychology service, which is quite similar to other forms of e-counseling. If you choose this option, you will be taken to a list of therapists who are currently working with LiveHealth in your area. From this point you can schedule an appointment. You can also do this by calling their customer support line between 7 AM and 11 PM, seven days a week.
Specialties & Areas of Expertise:
LiveHealth Online is a telemedicine company, and not an e-counseling company, and thus there focus is on medical health more so than psychotherapy. However, they do offer psychotherapy from those who are in need.
They have four primary departments.
- Medical. This is a department that deals with a wide range of medical health issues. The medical team can help to diagnose you with a number of different illnesses, such as the flu, a rash, or a cold. They are also able to prescribe you medication over the phone or over the internet, and have these prescriptions mailed to your local pharmacy for you to pick up.
- Allergy. The allergy department provides you with certified medical doctors who are certified to help specifically with the management of allergies. If you have symptoms such as watery eyes, puffy eyes, itchy throat, small rashes, congestion or a runny nose, headaches, coughing, or sneezing, then you may be suffering from an allergy and want to see the allergy team. Like the medical team, they will be able to prescribe you with medication if you have a serious allergy. They may also simply suggest that you go to the pharmacy and take some over-the-counter antihistamines.
- Psychology. Their psychology department is able to help people by providing them with counselors and therapists to help them learn more about their mental health problems. Much like e-counseling, LiveHealth Online’s psychology department can provide meaningful insight into your mental health.
- Psychiatry. Much like the psychology department, the psychiatry department helps you manage your mental health issues. The main difference here is that psychiatrists are licensed to prescribe you with medication if it is deemed helpful for your current state of mental health. It can take up to 14 days to get into contact with a psychiatrist.
LiveHealth Online can help you get diagnosed with physical and mental health problems over the internet. The licensed doctors and psychiatrists can also prescribe you with medication if it’s deemed necessary.
Prices are affordable, and accessibility is much better than what you might find with a traditional counselor or therapist. If you think LiveHealth Online is a good fit for you, then you should sign up today.