Top Family Quotes to Leave You Laughing or Crying

family portrait

Actor and Parkinson’s Awareness activist Michael J. Fox has been quoted for saying “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.” He and his mutually supportive wife, actress Tracy Pollan “give each other the benefit of the doubt” and strive to learn “the best things about [each other].” They literally celebrate life, and that’s a meme to keep in all of our hearts and on anybody’s wall. Let’s look at some of the top family quotes that leave us laughing or crying in relief, a sense of being understood, and increased emotional strength.

“Family isn’t limited to relatives, by the way. In some cases, dear friends and mentors fill in as family members.”

“Some families are made by choice, not just by blood.”

“You might call it yelling when I raise my voice, but I call it motivational messages for specific listeners.”

“Gray hair is genetic. You get it from your children (including adopted children). “

“Home is where everybody takes turns with the cellphone charger – If nobody took it for themselves. (Custom-made quote for this article!)”

“Family lets you practice social skills. Society lets you know that you need more practice (Custom-made quote for this article!)”

“If you don’t believe in ghosts then you’ve never been to a family reunion.”

Those are inspirational family quotes. Ready to rumble with some very pointed and poignant family quotes? Keep reading.

“Don’t tell me in that sour voice that I’ve changed, when what I really did was to stop living life your way.”

“The tragedy of life is not death but what we allowed to die inside ourselves.”

“People will wonder about the compliments they hear about you, but nobody gives a second thought to the complaints.”

“Don’t share your family problems with superficial people. 20% of them don’t care and the other 80% are happy that you have them.”

“Some family problems don’t require solutions, only the maturity to get past them.”

“I’m not what happened to me, I am whom I choose to be. I like to rise above problems.”

Grab the tissues. We’re going to need them when you read the rest of these family quotes, especially if you’re having one of those days when nobody in the family gets along.

“I am the branch on a broken tree. I alone will go, planting seeds with love and helping them to grow,”

“Every day is another chance.” So is “Live in such a way that when someone speaks badly of you, nobody will believe them.”

Think of “Life doesn’t have to be perfect to be wonderful.” That’s a genius-level thought, created by actress Annette Funicello. She suffered with Multiple Sclerosis before dying of the disease. Perspective matters.

Go on, create your own family quote. Make simple statements with deep meaning. Giving a voice to our innermost feelings is a method for releasing pain and finding solutions. Sometimes we just need to realize what is going right.

The following two tabs change content below.
Yocheved Golani

Yocheved Golani

Yocheved Golani is a popular writer whose byline has appeared worldwide in print and online. A certified Health Information Management professional, she is a member of Get Help Israel. Certified in Spiritual Chaplaincy (End of Life issues) and in counseling skills, her life coaching for ill people puts healthy perspective into a clients’ success plan for achieving desired goals.
Yocheved Golani

Latest posts by Yocheved Golani (see all)