E-counseling is an independent, advertising supported website. Some of the providers listed on our site pay referral fees. Although we make every effort to keep it up-to-date, misrepresentations and inaccuracies in the data are possible. We recommend that you contact the providers listed below directly, to verify any information that may be of interest to you. We take no responsibility for the accuracy of the information listed below; though we do update it regularly. This information is subject to change at any time.
TranQool is an online mental health therapy service created to provide clients with an easy and effective way to speak with a licensed therapist—on their time. These therapists can help with a number of different mental health disorders and are available from wherever you have a phone or internet connection. Their therapists are highly-trained and ready to provide counseling to those who need it.
TranQool was created to help make sure that people of all types, with all types of concerns could access quality mental healthcare. The company believes that mental healthcare is a right and they created their company because they believe that no one should ever be put on waitlist for mental health services and that income should not be a barrier to quality care. TranQool wants to provide people with mental health care when they need it.
This is why they operate with three guiding principles:
- To provide high-quality therapy from licensed therapists, social workers and psychologists.
- To offer accessible care with insurance-covered video therapy services offered a fraction of the cost of in-person sessions.
- To ensure clients can access online therapy from anywhere in the world in a private and secure setting.
Together with these pillars of success, TranQool strives to help all of their clients put their mental health first. One of the most unique parts about this system is that it is designed to work with most insurance providers—something that not all online mental health services can offer.
Signing up with TranQool is simple and it takes only a few moments to get started. The entire interface was designed to be simple for people to access on their computers, smartphones or tablets, making signing up a breeze. Here’s how you get started with TranQool.
- Sign up online. After you fill out some basic information about yourself, you are signed up and ready to go. The site will ask you for information on your health, current mental state and the types of concerns that you have. The process only takes about five minutes in total. When you fill out the questionnaire, the site will use that information to match you with your perfect therapist.
- Choose a therapist. TranQool will use information about your mental health situation and about your previous history to match you with a list of therapists. TranQool has a variety of different therapists working through their system, and individuals that specialize in mental health concerns ranging from anxiety to addiction. You can select a therapist from your matches by looking at their history, information and what type of mental health conditions they typically treat.
- Make an appointment. Once you have selected a therapist from your list of matches, you can make an appointment right through the online portal, with the system’s online booking session. You can also request an appointment through email if one doesn’t work with your schedule. Once you book your appointment you will receive an email with specific instructions for your first session.
- Start your therapy session. You can complete your video therapy session on the TranQool platform. Each session is one hour. You do not need to download any additional programs or apps, you only need a compatible browser and device. After your session, if you decide you would like to try another therapist, you can switch providers at your leisure.
Since TranQool’s services are covered by many insurance companies, when you are done with your session, you will get an email receipt that you can submit to your insurance company, if you so wish.
The pricing structure offered by TranQool is designed to be simple and straightforward, and offered at a fraction of the cost of most face-to-face therapy sessions. If you choose to meet with a licensed psychologist, then your hour-long sessions are $225, and $150 per session if you choose to meet with social workers. There are no plans or packaged deals. However, most insurances will cover at least a portion of the cost of this online therapy.
The company accepts most major credit cards as a form of payment and their services are covered by many insurance companies. You will receive a receipt for every session so that you can submit your information to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Usability (Desktop & Mobile):
One of the primary goals of TranQool is to offer their clients with high-quality, accessible online therapy that they can access anywhere, whether they are at home on the couch or traveling across the country. The platform can be accessed from any computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone where video conferencing is available. All you need is an internet connection. The platform works through any web browser or through your Android mobile phone. If you can use a basic Skype or Google Video chat, then you can use this easy-to-navigate online video platform.
Counselor Support & Effectiveness:
Counselors are available around-the-clock to help you with all of your needs. With TranQool, you can actually review the bios of different therapists before you sign up to work with one. This make the therapy experience much more effective and personal. Every therapist has a bio that covers the different disorders they work with and information about their past experiences and training. You can even search for specific therapists based on the issue you would like help with, their name, their primary language, their technique or approach or their gender.
Confidentiality & Privacy:
TranQool takes their privacy and security seriously and works to make sure that every person’s information stays secure. All payments are processed through a secure online payment platform. The site is encrypted and designed to keep all data secure. Video calls are always conducted through TranQool’s encrypted and PHIPA compliant video channel and the calls are never recorded or archived. This means whatever you and your therapist talk about stays between you and your therapist. You can even use a nickname to help you stay anonymous while using the site—all to help you stay as comfortable as possible.
Also, the TranQool privacy statement is designed to meet the standards prescribed by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Acts (PIPEDA) as well as the legislation and regulations included to the Personal Health Information Protection Act of Ontario.
It is important to know that there are certain limits of confidentiality with TranQool. Your right to confidentiality is limited by law to ensure your safety under the following areas:
- If you indicate that you are capable of doing serious harm to either yourself or another person.
- If you state that you are going to try to commit suicide.
- If you tell your therapist that someone under the age of 16 is being abused either by yourself or another person.
- If your therapist has their record subpoenaed by a court.
- If you tell your therapist that you have been abused by another regulated healthcare professional.
If any of these situations come up during your time with your therapist, they may be required to reveal information about you for your own well-being or the well-being of others.
TranQool Counselor Qualifications:
The therapists at TranQool.com are highly-trained and licensed professionals. While some other teletherapy services don’t require their therapists to be licensed, every individual working on this platform is fully-licensed. They all have either a Masters or PhD level education in mental health and counseling. All of these therapists are vetted registered social workers (RSW) and psychologists. When you book a session, you are allowed to choose whether you would prefer to work with a psychologist or a social worker.
Specialties & Areas of Expertise:
TranQool’s therapists are fully-licensed and trained to handle a number of different mental health concerns. While a TranQool therapist will be available to help you with virtually any mental health concern, their main areas of focus include:
- Eating Disorders
- Insomnia and Sleep issues
- Self-esteem problems
- Relationship issues
- Concentration challenges
Based on your initial questionnaire, you will be matched with different therapists that specialize in your area of concern. You can then choose a therapist that you believe will work best for you. If at any time you feel as though you are not working with the right therapist, you can choose to switch therapists until you find one that meets your needs.
It is so important for people who need mental health care to get the therapy that they need and deserve. This is where TranQool comes in. This online therapy site is designed with their clients in mind and created to help make sure everyone can access mental health care, no matter what their income, or their schedule. The company was developed to make sure that those who need professional mental health services don’t have to wait months to get an appointment—and that is just what they are offering. With affordable services, quick appointments and convenient video-conferencing calls TranQool makes it simple and convenient to make mental health a priority.
Pros & Cons
TranQool is yet another online therapy service in a long list of up and coming providers. However, their mission is quite different from all of the other counseling services on the market. They believe in health care access for all. That waitlists are unacceptable. That your income shouldn’t be a barrier to receiving quality healthcare. That you should receive care when you need it, not in 6 months from now. TranQool stands on three principles: high quality care, accessibility, and privacy and security.
Additionally, TranQool has truly been able to stand out by providing care to only a select amount of mental health disorders. By not focusing on every disorder, clients can rest assured knowing that they can achieve their goals.