The “Persistent Stress May Hasten Death in Heart Patients” news swept the world this past July. What’s worse is that chronic anxiety is part of the problem. Males, females, adults and children from all walks of society experience anxiety at some time or another. It’s usually more often than they care to believe. Even TED Fellow Sangu Delle realized that he needed to take care of his mental health needs before they destroyed him. You might think that public figures who work in the mental health or media world would know how to prevent the problem, but they’re as human and vulnerable as the rest of us. That means one thing: Fear paralyzes people physically and mentally. Humanity needs to cope with anxiety quickly and effectively to get back on track.
Breath matters when a person is tense. By consciously controlling our breathing, we alert our brain to create calming chemicals that let us relax for real. Focusing on soothing thoughts can calm people down even more. Thinking of things that bring smiles to your face or to any face will lower stress further.
Doing anything to calm the hyper-vigilant sense of a stressed out mind and/or body will help anyone who needs to calm down. Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) is a method for touching on meridians, pathways throughout our nervous systems. Tapping the meridians lightly, while reciting a soothing mantra, helps thousands of EFT users worldwide. So do other calming techniques. The result of being calm is that our conscious and unconscious minds can then think more clearly and effectively. Solutions to specific issues can thus be realized once the unconscious mind can subtly communicate with the conscious mind.
Here’s a handy Cheat Sheet you can copy and paste or put into your wallet so it will be ready to use as soon as you need it:
The Ultimate Coping Methods When Dealing with Anxiety
- Click on Decrease Anxiety with Slow Breathing – Anxiety Treatment Australia
- Diversify your options! Think up a Plan A, B and C so that you have something to fall back one if the previous coping strategy doesn’t work out. Play games with your situation, and do what comedians do: Ask “What’s wrong with this picture?” Then answer yourself and address the issues one by one. Add laughter to your effort and you’ll lower your anxiety more
- Focus on your goal and on upbeat ways to achieve it. Consider the positive results of solved problems. Allow yourself to have fun figuring out what to do and when, who’s going to be impressed with your efforts and why.
- Forgive yourself and other people. We’re all made of the same stuff, and we do our best with the skills and insights we have or despite those we lack.
- Nurture yourself with nature. It’s a proven stress-buster. This Healing Time on Earth video by John Denver captures the reality.
- Sip a soothing beverage. Hot teas, flavored coffees and soothing flavored waters can put your mind and body in healing repose.
- Tap and Breathe – Tapping with Brad Yates – YouTube
Latest posts by Yocheved Golani (see all)
- Identifying High Functioning Depression: Know the Signs - February 15, 2018
- Proven Strategies for Controlling Anger - February 12, 2018
- The Downside of Free Online Counseling Chat Services - February 8, 2018